Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Medical Mystery

Second Verse -- Same as the First

"That is Weird"

-Dr. Clayton, podiatrist (aka "specialist"??")
**pictures this time**

These pictures don't really do it justice. But if you compare my right big toe with the left, you can see the difference in the size. The right is extremely swollen and painful. And I'm sad that I can't wear my first-ever pair of boots that I bought on clearance. And I am also extremely frustrated that the medical profession keeps telling me that my toe is weird, offers no advice for its correction, and takes my money!
Any docs out there wanna give a diagnosis?
Photobucket

4 comments:

Matt and Elisa said...

Thanks for the picture. I have to agree...that is weird! They really don't have any suggestions at all??? That is the part that is weird.

Tasha said...

The pictures were just for you Elisa. :) I have always been extremely embarrassed by my feet, but I thought if I turned it to black and white then it would hide some of the callouses. Hopefully no one is too grossed out. I should have at least repainted my toe nails. Oh well. :)

The doctor basically apologized for not knowing what could be affecting my toe. He thought maybe a cyst, but he also thought that was pretty unlikely. He said an MRI would be what they need to be able to tell better what is going on in there. But he said to wait it out another 3 months to see if there is any change. So I'll just keep waiting and limping. I've got 4 months down, what's another 3.

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Crazy! I can't believe they can't tell you what it is!? Sorry about your boots, bummer. Hope it gets better soon!

Emily Moffat said...

If you're limping with three kids, waiting it out an additional three months is plain bad advice. Sorry, doc, but that's unacceptable.

An MRI sounds like a good bet. It's one thing to have a puffy toe, it's another thing to be in pain. Hope you can get some relief soon!