
The Results are In.
Taryn's Middle Ear structure is Perfect!
Good News right?
I suppose.
But at the same time, I was hoping to hear that she had a malformation. Something obvious that, with a little surgery, could be repaired and thereby restore her hearing.
It's a strange feeling to want bad news.
Now, we are left with one more possibility of hope. In order to more exactly see the tiny little bones in her tiny little ear, we can elect to have her undergo an exploratory surgery. But this can't be done for about five more years. Which, in a way, is fine with me. I can do without seeing my little one sedated and knocked out again. Those images prior to her MRI still give me nightmares.
We have a while before we have to cross that road. I suppose I should just get comfortable and settle in. I wasn't expecting this ride. I'm not sure where the ticket we were given will take us. But I am sure I can find joy in the journey. If not, then what is the point?




1 comment:
I'm right there with ya. There were times that some news was better than no news. I hated always hearing, "Everything's fine. We can't find anything wrong." because, obviously there was something wrong.
I hope your ticket on your crazy journey will end wonderfully.
Motherhood is a journey in and of itself, sorry you have to go through extra!!! I'm here for you!!!
Post a Comment