Monday, February 22, 2010

Chapter's End

The only "nursing" picture I have - Me and Tara - our babies are 6 days apart. So cool!


Dear Taryn,

I will miss you. While it was shorter than I would have liked, we had a good run.

You've become too independent. Too easily distracted. And perhaps I got a little too lazy. We were great partners. You were a natural receiver and I a willing giver. But it is a partnership that has to be maintained, and that was our collapse.

Thank you for being so easy-going. For giving me space when I needed it. For not being picky. And for latching right back to me when I was ready. You were great at making me feel important, wanted, needed, and preferred. Mom's need that. I needed that.

I will miss the rythm, the symbiosis, the convenience, the communication, the uninterrupted time, the relief, the closeness, the practicality, the connection, the sensation, the bond.

Thank you for sharing that time with me Taryn. Thank you for your unconditional love. You are so precious. So perfect. And I love you.



Photobucket

5 comments:

Jonesy said...

I'm deciding how much longer until I'm in the same boat. He seems so much more needy for it than any of the girls did. I do look forward to having my body back to myself, though, so I guess we'll see what happens when his teeth start erupting. That may just make the decision for me!

Tim and Shay said...

Awe! That is a cute picture of you and Tara.

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

6 days apart! That is super cool! Great picture!

Kippy said...

oh tasha, you are so articulate, i love it. i can identify with this post and could have joined you in the pic too! what a sight that may have been :)

Tara said...

Kippy - we could put that picture next to the one of us with washcloths over our chests. Funny.