Friday, October 23, 2009

A Letter of Notice

Dear Rodney:

I am so very sorry. But I need to give my two weeks notice.

I had always planned on getting a flexible, part-time job, like this one, once my children were in school. But necessity demanded it be sooner. I expected it would be difficult to leave my children. I expected the days to be long. I expected to do the work well. But I never expected to love the job so much.

It tears my heart to leave it. But my children are just so young (3, 2, and 3 mos.). Now that my husband has a full-time job, I can no longer justify spending this time away from them – especially when child care would be taking ¾ of my paycheck.

This is a decision I’ve agonized over. But I know you are supportive of whatever is best for my family. I so appreciate that. It makes the decision a tiny bit easier.

I hope you know how much I have absolutely enjoyed working in this department. I hope to find a job as perfect as this one once I am ready to again join the workforce. Hopefully it will be with the school district again. This is where I would absolutely love to end up.

Thank you so much for making this work environment so inviting (and hard to leave). I feel I have made some dear friendships. I will always value the relationships I have developed and the time I have spent here.

With deepest gratitude,

Tasha Palmer

5 comments:

granny said...

Things do work out. I'm so happy for your husband. Yipee. Sorry it is hard to leave...but coming home will be wonderful.

Anderson said...

Congrats, you are a great mother. Where did Greg get a job?

Tasha said...

The decision wasn't really that hard to make. The hard part of it was just trying to keep everyone happy. I haven't had the job for that long, but I felt a sense of loyalty to it nonetheless. But I'm definitely more excited to get to stay home.

Unknown said...

Yeah, that is great news!I am so happy for you guys!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

I am so happy for you! Tell Greg congrats! Your kids are going to love having you home, however they might miss playing with the fly swatter!