When I'm in the thick of things, it is sometimes hard to see the silver lining. I needed a little reminder today. Because until I hold the babe in my arms, it is often hard for me to like being pregnant, especially near the beginning. Here are a few linings of silver that came to mind:
My face clears up (except this week for some reason)
My hair grows fast and is super thick. This is great because I am attempting to grow it out (and I'll just ignore the fact that hair seems to grow on my face thicker too - I'm not trying to grow that out)
I usually lose weight or am at least able to keep the extra holiday pounds at bay (lost 20 lbs with the first two [you don't want to know how] - 3 so far with this one)
Maternity clothes are cute and comfortable. I pulled out my stash today. It's getting to be about that time.
I have a much easier time falling asleep than normal.
I am no longer emotionally constipated and can let my emotions show at the drop of a hat.
I have a good excuse for not doing the dishes, or anything else for that matter. Playing the pregnancy card can be really great sometimes.
I am feeding life to the child of God that is in me. It's awesome!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Way to think positive! I like playing the pregnancy card excuse, too. It's sad when I can't play it anymore. And I agree with the maternity clothes...I hated putting mine away this last time. Lucky for you that your hair and skin get so nice...seems like I do the opposite.
Way to find the joy in being pregnant, sometimes it is hard, but it definitely worth it.
I wanted to share a couple of memories with you...
*Coming to my Stampin' up party even though I had no idea you were already a Demonstrator for them.
*Watching Trevor for my so many doctor appointments.
*Taking our kids bowling, Trevor still talks about it.
*Going to the Treehouse
*All of your fun stampin' up nights at your house
*The wonderful baby shower you threw for me, and the fun diaper cake.
You have been a great friend Tasha, I enjoy getting together with you and I love that Trevor enjoys being with Evan. Thanks for your example and your optimism in life. Your blog is so fun to read and you are so talented.
This months theme of Sacrament talks in our ward is "Finding Joy in the Journey" It is hard when you are pregnant and feel so crapy all the time. And doing dishes make you want to puke, ect... I love your positve outlook on it. I need to read this post daily! :o) Way to find "Joy in the Journey".
I love your blog. You focus more on family and it is so sweet to read it.
I love all your silver linings, it makes me what to get pregnant! How far along are you?
I hear you! Pregnancy is definitely not easy. Let me know if there's anything you need... since we're not pregnant together this time :)
Post a Comment