She shows all her teeth when she smiles. I have always loved that about my older sister Mimi. It's a beautiful smile; warm and inviting. I think I love her smile because it embodies so much of her personality. She is fun. She can tell a good joke, but she is even better at laughing at another's. She can fill a room with beauty and delight just by being there. She is caring and sincere. Yes, absolutely sincere. That is a perfect word to describe her. And her smile always reveals her sincerity. And yet, even in the hard times, her smile is present to shine away the gloom.She is talented and oh so very crafty. She made her wedding dress! It leaves me speechless to think about. She sews and crafts and even sews her crafts. She has been published in a handful of magazines for her beautiful scrapbook pages and ideas and scrapping theories. She is musical and artsy. And an incredible photographer. Absolutely brilliant.
She has a way with words. If there is anything most in my family are lacking it is the ability to communicate effectively. I think that is because Mimi got the majority of talent in this area. She is wonderfully eloquent and has been a mouthpiece for many of us stutterers.
But by far, Mimi's greatest accomplishment and talent is the rearing of her six amazing children. You could probably include more than just six since she is 12 years my senior and contributed to a lot of my own upbringing - but we were just good practice. When I think about being a new mother with very little experience and not having my own Mom to turn to for advice, I am comforted by the thought of Mimi. She is in every way the kind of mother I hope to be. And I know that I can turn to her for the advice I need and will need. She is patient and loving, but most of all, she is her children's friend. That is what I want to be.
Thank you Mimi for being a such a great sister and even better example. I love you.
Happy Birthday!





4 comments:
I'm breaking my unofficial rule of not commenting on personal blogs to say a huge THANKS! Wow, what a nice message about me -- too nice. I can see that i've got you fooled. Hopefully you'll still love me so much when you find out I'm not all that. Glad I haven't put on any makeup yet. You sure brought out the tears. Thanks, Tash. I love you.
p.s. this white coat...I always felt so classy when I wore it. funny!
And ditto all that nice stuff about Devan, too. Except he never helped me with dolls, nor did he try to put a finger in my yawn. Funny! I certainly remember the "starving brain sucker" though, and I STILL cannot walk through a dark room for fear that he will jump out and scare me. I also remember being afraid he would die at a young age because he was just sooo unbelievably good. There could never be a better brother than Devan. The reason we had only one brother--no one could compete. All the other boys in heaven were afraid to be compared to him. love you, love you, love you Bud!
That is so sweet. What a sweet tribute to your sister. You are an incredible writer...I cant ever find the right words to express how I feel.
Tasha you ARE an incredible writter!! YOu must have all the talent there and that is awesome because you will leave a wonderful written legacy for all the family and many more.
Post a Comment