There are days when Greg has to work late. Those are days that are sad. Those are days that when we turn the corner from our evening walk the kids look for Daddy's truck, but I know it won't be there. Those are days I don't get to see Zion throw her arms up when her Dad walks through the door. And I don't get to see Evan jump up and down and clap while saying, "Dada's home!" Those are days I don't make a nice dinner because the bread-winner won't get to eat it. And its a day that I don't get to lay on the couch and spectate as Evan rides the Daddy horse and Zion chases it from behind. They are days that the rim around the bathtub stays dry because Mommy doesn't allow splashing like Daddy does. And the bedtime routine is lacking Daddy's kiss. Those are days that, after all the work we usually share is done, I lie in bed and anxiously await that waking kiss from my prince.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
A Little Reference to Sleeping Beauty
There are days when Greg has to work late. Those are days that are sad. Those are days that when we turn the corner from our evening walk the kids look for Daddy's truck, but I know it won't be there. Those are days I don't get to see Zion throw her arms up when her Dad walks through the door. And I don't get to see Evan jump up and down and clap while saying, "Dada's home!" Those are days I don't make a nice dinner because the bread-winner won't get to eat it. And its a day that I don't get to lay on the couch and spectate as Evan rides the Daddy horse and Zion chases it from behind. They are days that the rim around the bathtub stays dry because Mommy doesn't allow splashing like Daddy does. And the bedtime routine is lacking Daddy's kiss. Those are days that, after all the work we usually share is done, I lie in bed and anxiously await that waking kiss from my prince.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Woh! Who's that cute kid?
That is such a sweet picture!
Wow, Tasha, she looks SO much like you!! I just love it! Isn't it great seeing eachother's kids. Amazing I tell ya, amazing.
Yes, she's the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen!
(are you going to tell them, or am I?)
Haha! Is that Paigey? Well, she still holds a striking family resemblance ;) That picture is priceless, and the little excerpt is as well. Soooo sweet! :) You have a way with words, Tash!
Sorry, I should have put a caption that said this is Greg with Paige. But Paige does look so much like Zion, except for the color of hair. I just couldn't find a picture of Greg playing with one of his own - sad I know. And I love this one of him with Paige. I'll work on taking more pictures. I'm a terrible photog.
Post a Comment