Tuesday, November 4, 2008
I Love to See the Temple
I like how Sis. Beck begins this paragraph by speaking of Sacrament Meetings. That's where it starts. That 70 minutes filled with spiritual upliftment, renewing of covenants, and of course, screaming children. I imagine my next ten years of sacrament meetings being more of the same - wrestling, entertaining, grabbing, bouncing, comforting, encouraging. Hallelujah for Nursery. But even though the meeting minutes tick by I still know how important each second is in the upbringing of my kids. They are the basics for my children. And once they understand what the sacrament represents, I am hopeful their chapel experiences will be more sedated. Because as we point our children toward the chapel then beyond that is the temple. And as Sis. Beck says, "Mothers know that if they are not pointing their children to the temple, they are not pointing them toward desired eternal goals."And I want my children to experience the joy of those eternal goals and feel the LOVE of the Savior by honoring those covenants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Thanks! It is nice to know other have similar struggles in church! And a great reminder that it is important and worth it! A month ago the bishop told Nick that they get a kick out of watching our family and that we are in the thick of it! I am not sure if I should be worried about that! I love the quote you picked! Thanks again!
Post a Comment