
BooYah! is Right!
I didn't expect this to be the first post of my new blog, but that's what I love about surprises. Who would have guessed that today I would be a winner!? 5 BUCKS! BooYah!
I love surprise parties.
When I was 15 my mother threw us a surprise birthday party. What a trip. The feeling of it is still so surreal. Friends from school gathered in our living room in the middle of summer. To "Jam" (the term my mom put on the invitations. Funny mother trying to be hip on the lingo and failing miserably). So much work goes into a surprise party.
I love surprise party planning.
I love surprises.
I love the unexpected. I especially love unexpected gifts. I remember the first time I purposefully sought out my hidden Christmas presents before they were neatly wrapped and under the tree. I was probably seven or so and deep within the confines of my Mom's massive walk-in closet I saw it. A box of glow-in-the-dark K'Nex building blocks. Awesome! But the excitement soon turned to regret and the regret soon turned to dread. How was I to act surprised Christmas morning when I wouldn't be? Could I pull it off? The guilt of that Christmas has never gone away and I determined immediately that the suspense is worth so much more than the torment of a spoiled gift. My husband on the other hand loves to sneak around before the major gift-giving holidays. Not only does he sneak with his eyes and hands, but with his words. This is where he has discovered he can gain the most headway. Because I am a terrible liar.I love surprise parties.
When I was 15 my mother threw us a surprise birthday party. What a trip. The feeling of it is still so surreal. Friends from school gathered in our living room in the middle of summer. To "Jam" (the term my mom put on the invitations. Funny mother trying to be hip on the lingo and failing miserably). So much work goes into a surprise party.
I love surprise party planning.
That was my mom's gift to us. All that effort coming together for the final climax of "SURPRISE!" shouted toward the doorway. What a rush. What a great gift. What a great gift of love. I hope to make such an effort for my own kids. Which birthday? They'll never know. Because there is nothing that says "I Love You" better than the echoing pulse of
SURPRISE




3 comments:
Everything about the blog looks really great Tasha. I love the theme too. Thanks for taking me down memory lane. I remember finding our rollerblades for Christmas one year.
Tasha! Welcome to bloging, and what an awesome uplifting theme! And congrats on your winnings! I love surprises too! (except for scary or intense movies, I need to know the ending)
Tasha...thanks for inviting me to your blog. I love your writing/story telling (literally). Anyway, I look forward to seeing more on your blog.
Post a Comment